Double-click to start typing


Royal Marines Association North Devon

ONCE A MARINE ALWAYS A MARINE

Letters are in most upto date order. To Select the Required Moth Scroll Down


December


November


October


September


August


July


June


May


April


March


February


January



Chairman’s Letter December 2017.

 

Dear All,

 

I hope this finds you all as well as can be expected and your Christmas arrangements are well in hand.  We do not intend having a Committee meeting this month so a few notes:

 

  • Yet again we have had a very successful Christmas Appeal fund raising for RM Associated Charities and are on track to make generous donations to the RMA, Commando Logs Welfare, BLESMA, The Royal Naval Benevolent Trust and this year SSAFA North Devon.  I will update everyone at the next meeting and in the next minutes in January the total and who got what.  Yet again we have had an outstanding support from the men at Commando Logs. We also have made our annual donation of  £150.00 to the RMB Chivenor Children’s Christmas party.

 

  • There were 68 guests at our Christmas Party on Friday 15th in the Officers Mess and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves – I did.  An important date for your diary - The Branch Regimental Dinner is scheduled for June 9th 2018 in the WO&SNCO Mess – I expect this event will be very popular again.

 

  • Our next branch “Get together” is scheduled for Friday the 12th January.  The timings are as usual- 1800 for food and 1900 for branch business. If you intend coming along please let me know by January 8th so I can give the Chef our food orders.  The meal choice is Spaghetti Bolognaise and Garlic Bread + dessert.

 

  • I have been contacted by one or two of you who are asking for guidance on the invitation to vote on the proposal to merge the RMA and RMC into one charity called RMA -The Royal Marines Charity.  Firstly the Trustees and Association Officers are bound by Charity Regulations regarding who is entitled to vote.  If you are one of those who has been invited, please don’t waste your vote – what ever your views are your vote counts.  I would like assure you all that under my chairmanship and regardless whether the merger goes ahead or not - how we operate in North Devon will not change. 

 

  • As there will be no December minutes, we will endeavor to get a set of minutes out as soon as possible after January’s meeting.  However, in the meantime if you have any issues, queries or need to report something, please get in touch – my door is always open and I would welcome input from everyone.

 

  • It only leaves me to thank you all for your support in what has been another busy but successful year for the branch here in North Devon.  We continue to punch well above our weight and hold the spirit of the RMA and Corps family uppermost. A special thanks to our multi cap-badge colleagues, your contribution to the our branch, our events and the work we do is outstanding.

 

Jacky, my Committee and I wish you all a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS and may 2018 bring good fortune, happiness, safety and good health to you all.         

 

 JP

Chairman’s Letter November 2017.

 

Dear All, I hope this note finds you all well.                                           

 

During this month we have attended the Remembrance Parade at RMB Chivenor, had representatives laying wreaths at the parades in Barnstaple, Marwood, Ilfracombe, Torrington and Bideford.  Although attending as part of other military organisation we had branch members at the Cenotaph again this year; Tom and Fran Rivenberg with BLESMA and Brain Mulholland with the RAFA.

 

As usual we had a good turnout for our November branch meeting and following the usual business watched a DVD about journalist Chris Terrill, the oldest person to complete the Commando Tests at CTC.  That brought a few memories back for some.

 

We are now ramping up to are annual festive season’s activities.  Our Christmas Party numbers are looking very good and I have had an excellent response with volunteers to shake buckets at our traditional Christmas Appeal.  If you volunteered to collect and didn’t get what you offered to do please don’t feel put out – we have to be careful we are not too over bearing with the public.

 

There is a couple of items in the minutes where we are trying to give some support.  As mentioned in previous minutes we are trying to get sponsorship for serving RM, Colin Reynolds, who is representing the Royal Marines Charity at the London Marathon next year. His online “Just Giving” site is still open where a small donation can be made at www.justgiving.com/colin-reynolds3 or cash or cheque payable to The Royal Marines Charity can be sent to me.  We will then collect the donations and pass them on to the Charity.

 

We are also trying to support a young serving Royal Marine from RMB Chivenor whose sister is extremely ill in a London Hospital.  Options for cheap or free accommodation for his Mum to be with her daughter are very limited in London.  So if anyone knows of someone we can contact to help in this way please get in touch. 

 

Finally I have attached a document from Sophie Gibbet, daughter of branch member Neil Gibbett, who is in her final year at Uni and is proposing to do a study about the therapeutic benefits of music in the treatment of PTSD.  Please read her request and if you can help (you don’t have to have suffered from PTSD) please contact Neil on [email protected].

 

Due to our commitments during the Festive season we traditionally don’t have a December meeting.  Our next gathering will be January 12th in the Mess.  Please spend a little time reading through the minutes where more details can be found. Any queries about anything or something you want to raise please feel free to get in touch with me.

 

And finally a reminder that the branch’s preferred method of communication is to your email address that we have for you.  So please check your email from time to time to keep abreast of branch and RMA business.

 

Thank you for your continued support in making our branch what it is.  It couldn’t be done without you all.  

           

Yours Aye

 

JP          

Chairman’s Letter October 2017.

 

Dear All,

 

I hope this finds you all as well as can be expected.

 

We had the usual good turnout for the October meeting – please see the report in the minutes.

 

Two pieces of sad news –  long time branch member Bill Folwer passed away peacefully in a Care Home in Minehead and former RM, Derek Killner from Ilfracombe died recently after a short illness.  Unfortunately we weren’t made aware of Bill’s passing until a day before his funeral and were advised he had requested a non military quiet family funeral.  At Dereks’s funeral there was a danger there would be no-one attending and the branch ensured there was an outstanding RM presence for someone who had no known family and few friends.  Are thoughts are with them.

 

November sees the branch supporting the Remembrance Parade at RMB Chivenor as well as representatives at other Remembrance Parades in the area.  We have our November branch meeting in the Mess on the 17th.  Details can be found in the main minutes.

 

In December we have our annual Christmas Appeal and Christmas Party.  There is a steady list of volunteers willing to rattle a bucket at our venues for the Appeal and we appear to be covered, however if you would like to help please let me know as the more volunteers we have the easier it will be to share the workload.

 

Receipts for those wanting to attend our Christmas Party in the Officers Mess are coming in now but would ask those wanting to attend but still to reply to do so as soon as possible. As normal PLEASE send your menu choices and payment to Fran in order for her to manage numbers.

 

We now have books of raffle tickets for the Christmas Draw available at £5.00 per book.  There are around 20 very good prizes including a number of vouchers for meals in local eateries, hampers and many more prizes.  If you are unable to attend the party but would like to buy book of tickets please let me know and I will ensure your allocation is put to one side.

 

Can I draw your attention to support we have been asked to give serving RM Colin Reynolds.  He has been selected to run in the London Marathon next year for the Royal Marines Charity – the only place the charity has been given.  He has pledged to raise £2000.  We are assisting his endeavours with letters being sent out to potential sponsors.  If you know of a person or business that would be willing to make a donation please let me know.  All money donated is guaranteed to go to those who need our help.  Personal donation can be

 

 

made on line at www.justgiving.com/colin-reynolds3 or cash or cheque payable to The Royal Marines Charity and sent to me.  We will then collect the donations and pass on to the Charity.

 

I am sure I will have missed something but please spend a little time reading through the minutes where more details can be found. Any queries about anything or something you want to raise please feel free to get in touch with me

 

As ever, my thanks for your continued support in making our branch what it is.  It couldn’t be done without you all.  

 

JP

Chairman’s Letter September 2017.

 

Dear All,

 

I hope this finds you all as well as can be expected.

 

We had a good turnout for our September meeting back in the Mess at RMB Chivenor, Thank you to all who supported this.

 

September, as expected, was a busy month with the Beerfest, RMA Reunion, Barnstaple Marathon, support for a Cheshire Home event in Braunton and support with a challenge at B&M Barnstaple.  My thanks to everyone who gave their time to support these events and to Col Shearsby who co-ordinated our marshals at the Barnstaple marathon.

 

Congratulations to the Quiz team who were winners of the Inter Branch Quiz at the Reunion having coming 2nd for the last 3 years to Exeter.

 

Can I draw your attention to a number of events coming up.  We always have a good turnout on the Remembrance Parade at RMB Chivenor as well as representation at local events in the area.  This years event is on the 12th November, probably meeting at the chapel at 1000 for a 1030 fall in. 

 

We also have dates for our Christmas Appeal in the minutes.  So any willing volunteers please get in touch.

 

We have been allocated December 15th for our Christmas Party in the Officers Mess and you should have received the proforma with these minutes for this excellent and more relaxed evening.  At £15 this year for 3 courses including an “as much as you can eat” Carvery and entertainment, I think, is good value and well worth it.  As always this is open to your friends and family.  There is a finite seating capacity in the Mess so to save disappointment please get your proforma and money back to Fran as soon as you can.

 

Please give some thought to two other items in the minutes – Cakes4Commanods and our raffles.  If I get enough interest we can look at selecting an event in the coming months to sell cakes.  All I need is willing bakers to make the cakes.  Regarding the raffles I am not asking for you to purchase something but to go out to people you know who’s organisation may like to support us.

 

I am sure I will have missed something but please spend a couple of a little time to read through the minutes and any queries about anything or something you want to raise please let get in touch. 

 

As ever, my thanks for your continued support in making our branch what it is.  It couldn’t be done without you all.  

 

JP

Chairman’s Letter August 2017.

 

 

Dear All,

 

I hope this finds you all as well as can be expected.

 

We had a good turnout for our August meeting at Bideford RFC, Thank you to all who supported this.  It was good to see some of our more senior members and welcome to new member Jim Headrick.

 

You may have heard I completed the swim across Bideford Bay for the 1664 Challenge and thank everyone who has helped raise much needed funds for the RMC. You can still make a donation at: www.justgiving.com/john-peel1.  Doing this on line attracts GiftAid so extra funds go to the charity at no cost to you.

 

We held our 2nd Mariners Fun Day and my thanks to those who helped support this event.

 

Central Office have asked me to circulated the agenda for the AGM to be held at the Reunion at CTC, Lympstone.  Everyone is entitled to attend.  Talking of the Reunion on the 16th & 17th – you can still get tickets to attend it.  Entry to camp is free but you must have a ticket for security clearance – ID cards won’t get you in.  As this is the 1st combined day with the camp Families Day there are far more activities taking place during the day and of course there is the band concert and buffet dance on Saturday night.

 

We have a busy September.  Besides the Reunion we have our branch mtg at the Mess on the 22nd, support for the Barnstaple Marathon on the 24th, and supporting B&M Store on the 30th.  There is also the Mess Beerfest on the 9th.  There is notification of all these events in the minutes.

 

I have secured dates for our Christmas Appeal and will soon be looking for helpers to rattle a bucket – see the main minutes.

 

It is also hoped that we can hold our Christmas Party in the Officers Mess on the 15th /16th December.  But this has still to be booked and confirmed.

 

Finally the Chair and Mrs Chair are away from the 29th August to 12th September.  I will be trying to relax and so have provided contact details for my team in case you need to get in touch.  I will, however, be monitoring emails.  Details of branch contacts can be found at the end of the minutes.

 

 

Any queries about anything please let me know.  As ever, my thanks for your continued support in making our branch what it is.  It couldn’t be done without you all.  

 

JP


Chairman’s Letter July 2017.

 

Dear All,

 

I hope this finds you all as well as can be expected.

 

Firstly it is my sad duty to inform you of the passing of Evelyn Coates.  Evelyn was one of the longest serving members of the branch and her support was outstanding.  In recent year’s she started suffering from ill health and was unable to attend very much.  However, on the occasions we did see her she always put a brave face on how she was.  She will be missed.  Our thoughts are with Cliff and the family at this sad time.

 

May Baddick would also like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts at the sad loss of Tommy.

 

I attended an excellent Road Show about the proposed merger of the Royal Marines Charity and Royal Marines Association.  My opinion the merger can only be good for the two organisations.  But if anyone has questions or doubts please get in touch.  There is a Q&A on the branch website.

 

Sainsbury’s Challenge was another outstanding success.  Although the footfall was down this year; the generosity and well wishes from the public was still very evident.

 

Re the day out at Instow – they had to apologise on behalf of the base at Instow.  There was an admin error which meant an over subscription of numbers.  Those who were hoping to attend have been informed whether they can or not.  A day out on base in lieu will be arranged for the whole branch.

 

Don’t forget to get your tickets for the RMA Annual Reunion in September (16th&17th).  Everyone is entitled to attend. We always have a good turnout for the weekend – so please consider attending.  Those of other cap badges who are members of the branch are very welcome to attend - we will look after you.  So if you have never seen inside the Commando Training Centre, Lympstone here is your opportunity.  There is an excellent band concert by the Royal Marines followed by a buffet/dance in the evening. Before the event I need to know who is attending from the branch.

 

Finally I am planning to relay swim across Bideford Bay in August/September with another Ex Serviceman to raise funds for the Royal Marines Charity.  My target is £1000.  If you would like to help me reach this target I would be very grateful.  There is a website at: www.justgiving.com/johnpeel1 or you can contact me with a pledge which I will be happy to collect on completion.

 

Please take time to read the information careful in the minutes.  If you need more info please ask.

 

Any queries about anything please let me know.  As ever, my thanks for your continued support in making our branch what it is.  It couldn’t be done without you all.    

 

  JP

Chairman’s Letter June 2017.

 

Dear All,

 

I hope this finds you all as well as can be expected.

 

 

  • Our Regimental Dinner was very successful.  We had  the biggest turn out and our VIP guest were hugely impressed with the entire evening.

 

  • The Legion d’Honneur presentation also went very well and the families and friends of the 9 recipients were grateful for the branches involvement.  We had 3 former RM’s receiving their medals from the Honorary French Consul.

 

  • Armed Forces Week went very well with good turnouts for the Flag Raising on the Monday in Victoria Park, Bideford and the 2 days at RMB Chivenor at the end of the week.  Roger and Jenny Staines ran our first go at the RMA Shop.  We feel this went well and we intend doing it again in support of the RMA.

 

  • The RMA/RMC Convergence Road Show is taking place nationwide, where the Corps and RMA management gave an overview of what is proposed and how it will work.  I will feed back to the branch in due course.

 

  • Families/Open Day 11ATT, Instow is taking place at the end of July.  The branch is invited to both days.  As sson as I have more information I will send out an update.

 

  • Security on Camp.  Please ensure you make the Security Team’s task painless by complying with their instructions.  This directive has come from the Commanding Officer.

 

  • Sainsbury’s Challenge.   Everyone who has volunteered for this event have been notified of their allocated dates and times.  With massive Unit support we hope to have another successful year.

 

  • The Reunion Sept 16th and 17th.    Don’t forget to get your tickets for the RMA Annual Reunion  in September (16th&17th).  Everyone is entitled to attend. We always have a good turnout for the weekend – so please consider attending.  Those of other cap badges who are members of the branch are very welcome to attend - we will look after you.  So if you have never seen inside the Commando Training Centre, Lympstone here is your opportunity.  There is an excellent band concert by the Royal Marines followed by a buffet/dance in the evening. Before the event I need to know who is attending from the branch.

 

Please take time to read the information careful and let me know if you will be attending.  If you need more info please ask.

 

Any queries about anything shout out.  As ever, my thanks for your continued support in making our branch what it is.  It couldn’t be done without you all.    

 

  JP

Chairman’s Letter May 2017.

 

Dear All,

I hope this finds you all as well as can be expected.

 

  • My thanks to those who helped to give Tommy Baddick a fitting sends off at his funeral on Monday 22nd May.  The family expressed their sincere thanks for the branch support.

 

  • We held the branch AGM this month and you will find a summary in the minutes.  If you didn’t attend and would like the full agenda please request it.

 

  • There are a number of events coming up in June that are published in the minutes. 
    • Regimental Dinner 3rd June (CLOSED: NO MORE PLACES AVAILABLE)
    • Branch Meeting 16th June (if the Mess is available)
    • Flag Raising Parade – Bideford Armed Forces Day 19th June
    • Legion d’Honneur Presentation at RMB Chivenor 21st June.
    • RMB Chivenor Armed Forces Event 23rd (Schools) and 24th June (Open Day)
    • RMA/RMC Convergence Road Show – The White Ensign, Exeter 29th June.

 

Please take time to read the information careful and let me know if you will be attending.  If you need more info please ask.

 

  • There is an item on Security on Camp.  Please ensure you make the Security Team’s task painless by complying with their instructions.  This directive has come from the Commanding Officer.

 

  • Sainsbury’s Challenge is fast approaching in July (3rd to 7th). As usual we will be manning a bike for 30 minute stints over the 13 hours each day.  We will also be bucket collecting.  I need to start getting a rota together so if you want to participate please get in touch.  This is a huge fund raiser for the Charity.  RMB Chivenor has committed to this again.  Let’s make it another success.

 

  • Meal Charges; Sodexo has increased the cost of our pre-branch meeting meal.  This has come about as we are not entitled to MOD subsidies.  I feel that having a sit down and meal has enhanced the enjoyment of the evening.  So I hope you will continue to support this.  The costs are now £3.65 for a main course and £0.75 for a dessert.  There are “specials” which are cheaper but I need to sit with Sodexo to understand this more fully.  Hopefully that will happen before our next meeting.

 

  • Don’t forget to get your tickets for the RMA Annual Reunion  in September (16th&17th).  Everyone is entitled to attend. We always have a good turnout for the weekend – so please consider attending.  Those of other cap badges who are members of the branch are very welcome to attend - we will look after you.  So if you have never seen inside the Commando Training Centre, Lympstone here is your

 

opportunity.  There is an excellent band concert by the Royal Marines followed by a buffet/dance in the evening. Before the event I need to know who is attending from the branch.

 

Any queries about anything shout out.  As ever, my thanks for your continued support in making our branch what it is.  It couldn’t be done without you all.  


JP  

 

 

 

April


Dear All,

 

With Spring in the air - I hope this finds you all well.

 

  • My thanks to those who helped to give Dave “Tilley” Tyzack a fitting send off on Monday 10th April.  The family expressed their sincere thanks for the branch support.

 

  • Welfare Support:  I have left the item in the main minutes regarding what to do if you hear of a Welfare/Support issue. Simply – if you need to get hold of someone there is a team of 5 people who you can phone and they will then deal with the situation.  If you read nothing else in the minutes please read this and note the contact numbers somewhere safe so you can find this when ever you feel there is a need.

 

  • The Branch Regimental Dinner is fast approaching (3rd June).  Please get your requirements in as soon as possible to help Fran collate numbers.  As usual we are holding a Grand Draw. Fran Riv and Jacky P have tirelessly be seeking quality prizes for some months now and again have worked their magic.  This is a challenging task, which takes all their persuasive powers and doesn’t happen over night – well done ladies.  So please support their efforts for the branch by buying a book or two of tickets (or even sell to friends and family).

 

  • Other event items referenced in the minutes are the Global Challenge 20th and 21st May, Armed Forces week 19th to 24th June, Legiond’Honneur Ceremony 21st June and Sainsbury’s Challenge 3rd to 7th July.  For the Global Challenge and the Families Day it would be good to have a couple of helpers and for Sainsbury’s we need the usual larger team to cover the 13 hours daily, both doing the challenge as well as bucket holding.  If you are interested and would like to help with any of these activities please get in touch with me (email is the best method for me so I don’t have to remember who said what!)

 

  • Our AGM is scheduled for May19th. I have one willing volunteer nominated to join the committee.  There is capacity for one or two more who would like to shape the future of the branch and maybe bring some fresh ideas forward.  The current committee are all standing again.  My thanks to them.

 

  • Central Office have started to flag the Reunion in September (16th&17th).  This years format has changed a little with greater emphasis on involving the Corps Family.  Ticketing is  live on line.  We always have a good turnout for the weekend – so please consider attending.  Those of other cap badges who are members of the branch are very welcome to attend - we will look after you.  So if you have never seen inside the Commando Training Centre, Lympstone here is your pportunity.

 

As ever, my thanks for your continued support in making our branch what it is.  It couldn’t be done without you all.      

 

JP


March


Dear All,

 

I hope this letter finds you as well as can be expected.

 

  • My thanks to those who helped to give Sybil Rowland a fitting send off on Monday 20th March.  The family expressed their sincere thanks for the branch support.

 

  • Welfare Support:  There is an item in the main minutes regarding what to do if you hear of a Welfare/Support issue. Simply – if you need to get hold of someone there is a team of 5 people who you can phone and they will then deal with the situation.  If you read nothing else in the minutes please read this and note the contact numbers somewhere safe so you can find this when ever you feel there is a need.

 

  • There is a memo with these minutes, which has been sent out by the Chief Executive with a request to disperse to all branch members.  Please read through this as it gives a progress report on the convergence of the RMA and RMC. 

 

  • Some of you have approached me about your membership having lapsed.  I am looking into this but can assure you that you will continue to be a part of the branch and get access to everything we do.  If you notice you are one of the lapsed members or your ID card is out of date or you haven’t had a new one sent to you and have paid your subscriptions anyway – please let me know.  I will get it sorted for you.  However, a concern from Central Office, which I know is not coming from members of our branch is that they are experiencing rudeness and inconsideration from others in the Association about these issues.  This is unacceptable – so please speak to me first if you have an issue.

 

  • My thanks to the team that spent the weekend at RHS Rosemoor (18th and 19th) at their Wilderness Weekend.

 

  • Our AGM is scheduled for May19th. If you would like to volunteer to help on the Committee please let me know before the cut off in April.

 

  • The proforma for our Annual Regimental Dinner is with these minutes.  It gives all information needed for you to get you seats booked.  A great evening and our premiere branch event.  Seating is limited.  So please get your requirements in early.

 

  • We have been requested by RMA Central Office and the CO at Chivenor to support the Corps team over the weekend of the 20th & 21st May.  I have had a meeting and our commitment will be to do a little bucket rattling at various locations on the 16.64-mile route.  Volunteers please.

 

As ever my thanks for your continued support.        

 

JP


February


Dear All,

 

I hope this letter finds you as well as can be expected.

 

  • Some of you have approached me about your membership having lapsed.  I am looking into this but can assure you that you will continue to be a part of the branch and get access to everything we do.  If you notice you are one of the lapsed members or your ID card is out of date, you haven’t had a new one sent to you and have paid your subscriptions anyway – please let me know.  I will get it sorted for you.  However, a concern from Central Office which I know is not coming from members of our branch is that they are experiencing rudeness and inconsideration from others in the Association about these issues.  This is unacceptable – so please speak to me first if you have an issue.

 

  • Our AGM is scheduled for May19th. If you would like to volunteer to help on the Committee please let me know before the cut off in April.

 

  • A team of us will be out at RHS Rosemoor in March (18th &19th) at their Wilderness Weekend.  My thanks to those who will be helping me again.

 

  • I will be finalising a menu for our Regimental Dinner, which is now confirmed as June 3rd starting at 1800.  As soon as that is done the proforma will be sent out to everyone.

 

  • An exiting event is starting to materialise – the RMB Chivenor Families and Open Day.  It is proposed to hold a Families Day on the airfield - June 24th.  Planning has just started.  It is not an RMA run event but we will be taking part and hopefully will get the RM Charities team and Central Office as well as the RM Shop to come along.  Watch this space.

 

  • We have secured our annual week in Sainsbury’s in July (3rd to 7th) and have Unit support again.  Once I have spoken to the Unit PTI’s I should have an idea what we will be doing this year.

 

  • I know the minutes are quite lengthy but the Committee and I endeavour to give you as much information as we can.  Please put aside a moment to go through them.  If you have any queries or need to contact me about anything don’t hesitate to email me or pick up the phone.

     

  As ever my thanks for your continued support.


JP


 

January


Dear All,

 

A Happy New Year to you all.

 

  • Our Christmas Appeal raised over £6500 and with the addition of donations and tin collections we have sent £7179.86 to Central Office.  From that we have had approval of donations of £1400 to Chivenor Welfare and £700 each to BLESMA and the RNBT.  We had great support again from both branch members and serving.  My thanks to you all.

 

  • An excellent Christmas Party was enjoyed by all.  The carvery was outstanding.

 

  • Our super efficient Branch Secretary – Sue Shearsby has work very hard in producing the Branch calendar.  Please update your personal diaries or place in a prominent position so you can see what we are upto this year.  Please note the monthly minutes will have confirmations, updates and anything extra on a 2-month rolling basis.

 

  • I know it’s still January but I want to highlight that our Regimental Dinner is booked for the SNCO’s Mess at RMB Chivenor for June 10th. I can confirm, our good friend Brigadier Charlie Hobson, passed Branch President, CO of CLR and RMA Chief Executive is our VIP guest with his wife Trish.  Let’s make this event another outstanding branch evening.  Keep June 10th free.  Details will follow in the next few months.

 

  • I met with Lt Col Dave Nicholson, CO of CLR.  You will be pleased to know he is very supportive of what we do and will ensure we get as much support from the Unit as possible.

 

  • Our AGM is scheduled for May, probably the 19th. If you would like to volunteer to help on the Committee please let me know before the cut off in April.

 

  • Some of you have approached me about your membership having lapsed.  I am looking into this but can assure you that you will continue to be a part of the branch and get access to everything we do.  If you notice you are one of the lapsed members and have paid your subscriptions anyway – please wait to hear from me with an update.  It will be sorted.

 

  • I know the minutes are quite lengthy but the Committee and I endeavour to give you as much information as we can.  Please put aside a moment to go through them.  If you have any queries or need to contact me about anything don’t hesitate to email me or pick up the phone.

 

As ever my thanks for your continued support.         JP